Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I'm having a Spring Party!

*Whoops! I had this one written and ready to go, but forgot to hit publish! So its a little late :)


The past 2 years we've had a Spring Party on the first day (or weekend) of Spring. (You can see the old posts here and here). I got the idea from one of my favorite Mommy bloggers, OhAmanda.

Just like with Christmas, I didn't want the real meaning of Easter to be over shadowed by traditional holiday stuff. But at the same time I didn't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. So we celebrate Spring by dyeing eggs, hiding baskets, and doing a fun craft. Normally I invite my parents over and a few friends to join in on the fun.  But this year, Justin's work schedule is crazy, so we did it mid-week.  It was smaller, but it was still special and fun!

After I wrote this post for The Healthy Hen about our Easter candy, I decided to change their Easter treats. I filled the plastic eggs with other treats.  I put pennies in some of them (because ANY coin is exciting to Inara at this age).  I bought some of Annie's Bunny Grahms, and some of these yummy caramelized walnuts.  I put tattoos, stickers, and a cheap craft.

Inara and her bestie taking turns dyeing the eggs
I let the boys hang out too, but they were too busy stealing each others food
Sorting through their loot, after finding their baskets and eggs

Guys, I can't even handle how cute they are together!


Love this man!
It was fun because Inara woke up and was so excited for her Spring party!  And it's been really great because she's been asking about when we get to do stuff for Easter.  I'm going to start my Sense of the Resurrection activities next week, and I can't wait.  I'm hoping having this party separate from our Easter celebration, keeps the fun secular things we do, but allows Christ's death, burial, and resurrection to shine even brighter on Easter Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. This year the kids got kites, books, bubbles and sidewalk chalk. All of which were from my parents. It wasn't planned, but I was so happy it turned out to be non candy and pro outdoors/educational items.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...