Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Baby, Baby, Baby OOO

So yes, we are surprisingly pregnant!  It was a big surprise as we were not trying to get pregnant, but it has been so obvious thus far, that God had other plans.  Well remember when I miscarried a few months ago?  Well things just hadn't been right for awhile with my body after that. So I went to see my doctor who started me on a medication I was to take for 10 days that would help kick start my cycle....well that didn't really happen. I called them to make a follow up appointment since things were still crazy, but I was feeling pretty yucky that day.   So I figured I would just take ONE MORE pregnancy test just to be sure... at this point I had burned through like 5 in a few months....and low and behold

Ps how fun are tests that say "Pregnant" and not just 2 little lines?


It was kind of a shocker.  The next day I was planning on calling my high risk OB to set up my first appointment. I figure I should know the name of the medication they gave me, so I looked it up real quick and my stomach sank.  The medicine I was on WHILE I was pregnant is REALLY bad to take if you are preggo. It can cause lots of problems.  So I just sat there...staring at my computer screen thinking how I'll likely be having another miscarriage soon.  Meanwhile, Inara is playing by herself in her room. I have the monitor on and I hear the sweetest voice sing to me:

Savior, He can move a mountain
My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save
Forever, author of salvation.
He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave

I just burst into tears. No truer words have ever been spoken. My sweet little girl (who I use to sing that song to while she was in the NICU for 1 month), was singing exactly what my heart needed to hear. God is big and mighty and can choose to save this tiny baby in my womb if He chooses too. BUT should He choose not to, God is still big and mighty and has saved my soul from Hell and rescued me to Heaven. *sigh* I KNEW know it will be ok.

So on last Monday I went to have an ultrasound to "confirm" my pregnancy and find my estimated due date.  I was kind of nervous, but as soon as I saw the little flutter on the screen and heard the little thumps of a heartbeat. I had instant relief! I tried not to cry so I wouldn't mess up the pictures. All my fears quickly subsided that moment.



So now I am in that "oh my gosh I feel so sick and tired all the time" state. But now I can be happy because it means there's a baby in there!  So if you think about it, could you pray for us? Last time I got pretty sick with Inara and we are hoping we don't repeat that and I don't end up on bedrest either.  I also had some crazy symptoms last time (pregnancy induced carpal tunnel) that I would like to not have this go around. Baby Duke will be here 1/25/13!

PS, thanks for all the excitement! I mean I was pretty excited, but the fact that SOOO many other people are too makes it super fun for us :)










9 comments:

  1. praying for you all! Yay irara will be a big sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think she will be a good little helper :)

      Delete
  2. OH WOW!!! That is awesome. Congrats Dukes - praying right now that the Lord would protect your little baby and grow them to be strong and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for you guys! happy for your family. God is so good! Also hopefully your photog friend will be able to capture some of this exciting time for you all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo Yes Jen! We didn't do maternity pics or newborn pics last time, but I definitely want to!

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited for you. I had NO idea that you'd had a miscarriage previously - we had a very similar situation just two months before we got pregnant again. I'll be praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lindsey! Baby H will be here soon :)

      Delete
  5. I didn't know that you miscarried either. I will pray that God will help you hold your thoughts captive and protect all the Dukes, especially the littlest one. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...