Wednesday, January 8, 2014

When Instagram ate my blog


So other than a few update posts (which are mostly just for my memory keeping) I really haven't blogged in about 2 months.  I think sometimes I'll have a good idea, or what to remember something sweet and its just quicker and easier to snap a photo a slap a caption on it than bust out my laptop and click clack away.  I can justify 20 seconds on Instagram (nurseduke if you wanna follow me), but 20 minutes for a blog post?! I have about eleventy-billion other things to do.  And because I am trying to be more intentional in our home and with the kiddos, I feel like I have more to actually blog about, but no time.  That coupled with my 5am alarm for work = major lack of blogging.

But I really want to get back into the swing of things.  I have about 10 posts that are half written or just sitting in my mind grapes waiting to come out (you're welcome for that 30 Rock quote).  I really like to blog about other stuff than my kids.  Its a great way for me to work out some things God is doing.  Maybe if I list them out here, that will give me motivation to actually work on them and publish?  No joke, one of the posts is from over a year and half ago.  Its obviously super important :)  Anyway, here are some ideas I need to get out of my brain.

Remember when I vowed to blog 31 day in a row? What was I thinking? I have about 4 more topics I wanted to blog about and I'd still like to get to them.  Working titles are:

I can't do everything, but I can do something

Choosing to be a part of the Church

I am creative

I also have a post of the "Joys and freedoms of submission" in marriage just about done.  We have gotten rid of paper towels (mostly) in the kitchen, and done some other "green" things so a post about that is also in the works.  Maybe in another month 1 of the above will actually be published! :) Oh and I started the "Fly Lady" book, so that would be a good one blog about too. So.many.things.  See ya soon, hopefully!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...