Monday, January 13, 2014

Show me, how big your brave is


I had hear the song "Brave" by Sara Bareillis a few times on the radio and liked it. So I decided I would listen to the whole album on Spotify (Ps, spotify is my jam!  For real, check it out).  The first song on her CD is Brave, and honestly...I haven't made it to track 2.  It just stirs something inside of me.  I was all like "Yeah, girl!" when listening to it.  But I wondered why it got me fired up.  Is it selfish sin? Or God using his truths even in a secular song?  Here's the words:


You can be amazing
You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug
You can be the outcast
Or be the backlash of somebody’s lack of love
Or you can start speaking up
Nothing’s gonna hurt you the way that words do
When they settle ‘neath your skin
Kept on the inside and no sunlight
Sometimes a shadow wins
But I wonder what would happen if you

Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

With what you want to say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

Everybody’s been there,
Everybody’s been stared down by the enemy
Fallen for the fear
And done some disappearing,
Bow down to the mighty
Don’t run, just stop holding your tongue
Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live
Maybe one of these days you can let the light in
Show me how big your brave is

Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

With what you want to say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

And since your history of silence
Won’t do you any good,
Did you think it would?
Let your words be anything but empty
Why don’t you tell them the truth?




At first, I thought of Inara. Yes! I want Inara to be brave! To know her words can give life, that her words can be amazing.  Because anything good is from God. And she can be brave because of Christ. Because we are more than conquerors in Him.  Because perfect love casts out fear. Because we can come boldly to the throne.  She can be brave because of Christ.



And then God was all "Um, this is true for you too, you daughter of the King".  Duh!  So I started thinking about if I am brave.  And everywhere I looked the answer was "no".  I don't do certain things because what if I fail? What if that's not right for me?  I've done it in big things like trying to get on a schedule in our home, getting back in shape, or trying to read the bible in a year.  And I've done it in small things like being afraid to wear a certain type of clothing or jewelry.  Pathetic.  The God of the universe loves me. Died for me.  Sings over me.  Loves me unconditionally.  And I'm worried if my necklace looks right with what I'm wearing?

What if I start a bible reading plan and I fall behind?  
What if I try to get our home on a schedule and we fail?  
What if this necklace clashes with the shirt?

But I want to be done with that.  I want to be brave.  I want to set the example in our home.  I want to be brave and for Justin, so he can be encouraged to be brave at his job.  I want Inara to see a Mom who tries and fails.  Then clings to her Jesus, and tries again.  I want Shepherd to see a woman be brave and look for a brave wife to be adventurous with.

I want to be brave. I want to be brave with little things, so I'll be ready when God calls me to stand firm against the storms of this life.


Will you be brave with me?  Will you be brave in the little things of life?  Where do you need to be wild and free?

*So this song isn't a perfect illustration, but what song is this side of Heaven?
The last picture can be downloaded
as a wallpaper for you iphone.  Enjoy!*







2 comments:

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...