Monday, August 5, 2013

"Let the little children come to me"

 God's word does not come back void, right? RIGHT!  Inara asks questions about death and Heaven a lot. It's kind of weird, but not really I guess.  So frequently she'll say "Mom, lets talk about Heaven". Then it becomes my great joy to do so!  One night as we were cleaning up her room, she burst into tears.  Here's how our conversation went down:

Me: Baby! Come here, what's wrong
Inara: Mom! Heaven is just SO far away. And we have to wait a long time until we go there
Me: You're right baby.  But why do you want to go to Heaven?
Inara: Because I want to see Jesus, Mom

I was really so shocked.  I told her about the Holy Spirit and how God is awesome to send us a Helper while we wait for Heaven.  It got me thinking about how Jesus told his followers to let the little children come to him, "for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these".  It was just really awesome to see God's truth being...well...true!

What is something God is showing you in his word that is true? Please share! I really would love to be encouraged!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...