Thursday, July 18, 2013

The truth I needed to hear

Thankful for the letters I wrote to my future self about breastfeeding. So incredibly blessed to have God’s truth to cling to as I sat and "ugly cried" in the pump room at work. Today will probably be the last time I get to/have to pump at work.  Thankful for a husband and friend who are reminding me it is ok to be sad, even really sad that I am almost done nursing Shepherd. They are not blowing off how I feel or dismissing it.  I'm being reminded that this crazy stage of hormones will pass and I'll have my right mind back.  But in the mean time, God's truth is to be clung to.


You can read my letters here and here.

Psalm 62

My soul finds rest in God alone, My Rock and my salvation,
A fortress strong against my foes, And I will not be shaken.
Though lips may bless and hearts may curse, And lies like arrows pierce me,
I’ll fix my heart on righteousness, I’ll look to Him who hears me.
O praise Him, hallelujah, My Delight and my Reward;
Everlasting, never failing, My Redeemer, my God.
Find rest, my soul, in God alone
Amid the world’s temptations;
When evil seeks to take a hold
I’ll cling to my salvation.
Though riches come and riches go,
Don’t set your heart upon them;
The fields of hope in which I sow
Are harvested in heaven.

I’ll set my gaze on God alone,
And trust in Him completely;
With every day pour out my soul,
And He will prove His mercy.
Though life is but a fleeting breath,
A sigh too brief to measure,
My King has crushed the curse of death
And I am His forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...