Monday, April 22, 2013

My slow journey

I wouldn't consider myself crunchy or granola at all, but over the past year I have made some changes in our house to become more green and frugal.  I thought I would share my very slow journey into the word of homemade/green/reusable products.

It was about this time last year when it all started...I think. I had just had a miscarriage...and then found out I was pregnant again. I think I was finding information about all the chemicals in everything we have and sort of freaked out about it causing a miscarriage again. I always knew all that stuff was bad...but it was is so overwhelming to decide where to start or even to do anything. Especially since I am not a full-time homemaker.  Previously I would just buy some organic stuff and then just get overwhelmed and not try anything.  I have read on a million blogs to take it slow and start one place at a time but always seemed like too much.  I eventually took their advice and started slow. I didn't even really decide to do this, it just sort of happened.

So over the next few weeks I'll be sharing the things we have changed in our house over the past year and also the things we would like to do.  Do you find the whole world of green/natural living sort of overwhelming?  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...