Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 2

Today I am thankful for my dad. He is a life saver. Seriously! I seriously don't know what I would do without him!  I am an adult, but I still need my Daddy :) He asks about my car, and last time he drove it, he made sure I was getting my oil changed soon.  He keeps Inara most of the time while I am sleeping off my night shift, he really does a great job. He says "I'm just doing what every Pawpaw would", but I assure him he is not.  He has helped with potty training, teaches her shapes, colors, letter sounds and TONS of little tunes.  And I swear deep down he is a nurse :) He "reports off" when I pick her up...what she ate, how long she napped, if she pooped (and describes it for me).  He has brought me a coke when I NEED the energy but had a house full of kiddos, he has brought me medicine when I am too sick to go out...and then insisted he take Inara with him so I could be alone :)  He is the best and I often wonder "What do people DO without a great Dad?" I don't know, but it makes me thankful Inara will get to experience it too!



 So let me explain.  Sometime WAY earlier this year I bought Inara little Toy Story 3 figurines.  One of them included the little green aliens. She started calling them "Pizza Planet" because well...that is where they are from.  She promptly lost them a few weeks later.  Every once in a while she would say (in the most pathetic voice) "Mom, I am so sad. I just really miss my Pizza Planet.  Not having my toy hurts my feelings Mom".  Lately her sadness over Pizza Planet greatly increased, so Justin found a cheap little one from amazon. He gave it to her yesterday and oh my! It was seriously like the greatest thing that ever happened to her. She spent about 3 hours saying "oh thank you so much dad for my Pizza Planet toy. I am going to love on you. I am so glad I have you again". So obviously today she is thankful for her long lost toy and her Daddy for giving it to her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...