Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Maximize Your Mornings

So last week I started the Maximize Your Mornings Challenge through Inspired to Action. It has been really great. I really feel God has used this challenge, my facebook fast, and bible study at church to really get me into shape (spiritually that is). It hasn't been perfect but its been good. You can download the free e-book and join the facebook overflow room here.

Last week was not bad like the week before, but it was still hard...but good too! It mostly has to do with what God is teaching me about being a wife. Its kind of funny. I am doing a bible study at church going through "The Excellent Wife". I was going to do a different one that didn't have any homework...because I am pretty busy lazy. But I knew some other friends who were going to do the Excellent Wife one. I figured it couldn't be that bad because I am pretty good wife....hahaha :)

It has been brought to my attention multiple times how I am NOT an excellent wife, but I can be with the help of Christ. This weekend was another eye opener on how I was neglecting my first role as a follower of Christ: being a helper for Justin.  I have been giving him what was left over of my day, my heart, my time, and my energy. Not super great huh? But I am so thankful that Christ won't allow me continue in my sin and he wants me to become more like him. I am also blessed beyond anything I deserve with a husband who models Christ wonderfully to me by forgiving me for neglecting him!

So back to MYM challenge. I actually started my morning last night. I made a list of things I would like to do today.  Then I prioritized them. Just because I need to do something, doesn't mean it needs to be done ASAP.  I made my list last night and went to bed at a reasonable time. I woke up this morning and was able to shower and read before Inara woke up. I ate breakfast with her (instead of being half awake and groggy when she eats and skipping breakfast for myself) and then started crossing things off my list.  I made a much needed hair appt, unloaded and reloaded dishwasher, took out the trash, watched some Toy Story (Inara's new obsession) with Inara, paid a bill, started some laundry, cut coupons, started my grocery list, snuggled with Marley Kate and all before 3pm!

I know that getting things done isn't the purpose of MYM or getting up early. But this wonderful thing happens when I start my day off right with the Lord...I feel SO energized to get things done and to serve my family...cool huh? But I am not perfect and neither is my life/house. While I started the laundry, I forgot about it, and had to wash it again later, Inara never made it out of her pajamas, and my living room looked like this:


Oh well! It was still a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...