Monday, September 19, 2011

A Love Story...Part 5

I left the last part of our story with quite a cliff hanger (except not really because you know we end up together). So we both agreed we should get married. But how? and when? I drove my self nuts-o with these questions and tried very hard to not start planning our wedding until I was ACTUALLY engaged.  I love this part of our story!

One day I was at my parents house and was looking through my moms old jewelry. I found this very old ring. I asked my mom why she never wore it and she said because it was broken, but more importantly she didn't wear it because it was an engagement ring. I just threw out there that I would wear it, and my mom was SO EXCITED! She said it has been sitting broken in her jewelry box since her mother died for more than 20 years. So was so happy it would be used and be passed down to me!

So I told Justin I had a ring. I tried (although not very successfully) not to pry about what was going down. My mother said she was NOT going to give me a broken ring and insisted on paying to get it fixed and dipped in white gold.  That was the end of the summer. So I waited patiently for the proposal.

In mid October of 2005 I went to a Young Life club at a students house. We had recently been doing MTV skits like "pimp my ride". To my surprise, me and another leader Sally were called up front and told to go inside. We were gonna play a game of guessing who is in the crowd. I seriously had NO idea what was going on. I was just super nervous about not knowing who some of the newer freshman girls were. Sally was called out and I heard silence, then laughter a couple times. Now my turn...

I walked out was blind folded. I was then told some students were going to give me personal hints about who they were. I was seriously SO nervous.  So the first one went. It was a boy, his hint was his number on the football team. "That is an easy one" I thought, so I answered "Joey Ball". I was right! Next up, a girl. She told me she was a cheerleader. Another easy one. "Whitney Jolly" and right again! The next up was another boy. His hint was that he was Mexican. "Go me" I thought and answered "Esteban Baer" correctly

They said I had one more person. Then I hear "Will you marry me?". I proceeded to ask "what" multiple times and then finally took off my blind fold to see Justin on one knee with  my ring. I'm not sure if I ever said "yes", but he stood up we hugged and I put on my ring! It was so sweet, but also awkward. I wanted to plant a big ole kiss on him, but not in front of a bunch of high schoolers. So we just hugged in the back of club for a few songs.

Asking...

seeing...

Hugging...

Ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...