Monday, August 29, 2011

A love story...Part 3

So we left off after our first date. We spent the first months of our relationship with lots of awkward silences and getting to know one another.  Well if you didn't know it people...I like to talk and well Justin not so much. So while I am use to just jabbering away, he would just sit there. Not uninterested, but not spewing every thought like me.  I sat in silence more those first few months than I probably did my whole life prior to meeting him.  Also multiple times I tried to break up with him but another roommate Rachel stopped me. I really had no reason to, just scared I think.

Road trip to Pittsburgh to see my Reds beat down on his Pirates :)

That summer we went to multiple weddings together.  After one particular wedding Justin (ps not sure when I stopped calling him Duke and started calling him Justin) took me home. Before I got out of the car Justin told me I wasn't like other girls he has dated. I was sure he was breaking up with me because who says that right? Until he said "the point is, I like you a lot". That is the night he said he knew he loved me, only about 5 months after we started dating. It took me a little longer :)  He really was a trooper. I had rules for him to follow.  I told him I didn't want to hear any man say "I love you" until it was followed by "Will you marry me?" and I didn't want another kiss from a guy until it was a kiss on the altar on our wedding day. And wouldn't you believe this awesome man of God stuck around for all my crazy shenanigans and never complained, argued, or even brought it up again :)

We did a photo shoot at a park before one of the weddings

 In the fall we took a road trip to Florida to see his parents. He drove the whole way there and back by himself. If that isn't love, I don't know what is right?  We spent the week with his parents and all day long with each other. When our time was over I found my self being very sad that I wouldn't be spending everyday from now on with him. That trip was when I realized I loved him and wanted to spend the rest of my days with him...

At the beach in Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...