Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Shack

So some friends of mine are going to have a book club. I know right...what are we like old ladies. Well yes we are. Some are into quilting and most are VERY crafty too. Anyways, the first book we will be reading is "The Shack" by William P. Young. While I have heard some things about this book, I am excited to give it a try for my self. I have heard that it is a really great story about God and how personable He is. I have also heard that while that is true it is a good STORY, it may not be the most biblical story. I have heard that the author leaves out other pretty important attributes of God (mainly His Holiness) and other biblical principles.


From the sounds of things, it will be a great discussion book. What about you? Have you read it? Did you like it? Hate it? Why?

5 comments:

  1. I have not read this yet, however, it is on the list to read, I too am in a book club, and yes Lauren we are old ladies, or maybe just old enough to be in book clubs! i am actually going to move this one up to the front of the list and start it this month. I will let you know what I think, and keep us updated on what you think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started it too. I will let you know what I think. You should do the same too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lauren! i just found your blog & wanted to stop by & say hey. i haven't read that book..yet..but LOVE that you are in a book club! LOVE! I'm sure you ladies will have a blast together.

    hope all is well in your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Jen. And I'm glad you love that I am in a book club and not just a loser for being in one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book Lauren!! It is such a great picture of how the Lord loves us so sweetly.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...