Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oh Dang!

Wowza! What a week. I recovered emotionally (and physically) pretty fast from the wreck. Justin helps with that because he is so great. We found out the care IS totaled but we still haven't found out if the insurance company will pay for it yet. If they decide not to, it looks like we will be a 1 car family for a while.

The thought of having only one car got me thinking about what I treasure most. I would like to say it is Christ, but my flesh is weak. I thought about 2009 and what made it a great year.

1. I got Lasik eye surgery and can see great without contact or glasses
2. I got a SWEET job that is everything I could want.
3. I got preggo!
4. I delivered that beautiful baby and love her so much.

Those are some pretty awesome things that happened in my life. But there is something missing still. CHRIST! I realized that I am thankful for the gifts God has given, and not just the Giver. When I look back on 2010 I want to be thankful that I

1. Grew in the knowledge of Christ.
2. Have Christ as my highest treasure
3. Became a better wife/mother because of Him

It looks like God is gonna help me meet these goals too! Which is good and scary all at the same time. And it appears he has wasted no time. Today while driving Justin's car (our only working car), I noticed the steering seemed really rough. I thought the power steering was going out. Justin drove it up to the store and put new fluid in only to hear and see it all come pouring out. Soooo now our one car is out of commission. And on top of it all I am suppose to go back to work this week. If both Justin and I need cars for work, how shall we do this? Well I am thankful God provides. And has provided through the body of Christ and my parents. It looks like this week is figured out. What an adventure huh? It's pretty hilarious though. It seems so obvious to us that God is in this trial.

I will leave you will a verse that ALWAYS helps me out. In fact, it is the reason for my tattoo! Seriously, no matter the circumstances, God consistently speaks to me and brings me peace through John 6:60,66-69:

"On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?" From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him. "You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve. Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."

This maybe a "hard teaching" that Jesus wants me to learn. But where else would I go? I know he has the words of eternal life. I am thankful my path rests with him.

Also, here is a cute pic of our little lady with Justin

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Lauren. I'm really sorry about the car stuff! Because of my health issues I don't drive my car so it just sits in the driveway. If you need to borrow it for a few days I'd seriously be more than happy to lend it to you! Just shoot me an e-mail or something!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...