Thursday, December 10, 2009

3 weeks!

Today marks Inara as 3 weeks old! My mom went to visit her today after work and informed me she now weighs 3 lbs 13.2 oz. What a chunk huh? Justin and I joke about how big she is getting and SO fast too. Like today when I told him how much she weighs he said "she is growing up right before our eyes". To which I replied "before you know it she'll be buying her own house". I like him lot.

They did have to put her back on oxygen and they put the NG tube back in, but it's ok. I am SO VERY thankful I got to see her little face without tubes, even if it was just for 1 day. I know that this doesn't mean she is doing worse, it is what is best for her.

Today my visit with her was bitter-sweet. I gave her the bottle (she drank it all, like a champ), snuggled with her for a bit, and put her down for the rest of her nap. It was such a precious time, and I just LOVE Kangaroo Care. I know it sounds funny to say, but she just seemed sad. It was hard to leave, because I felt so bad for her. She just had this tiny little grimace on her face the whole time. :( My mom said when she was there she was wide awake and smiling. I am sure she was indeed, not sad, but it was hard none the less.

Today during our time I read a chapter of "The Hiding Place", by Corrie Ten Boom. If you have not read this book, I HIGHLY recommend it. I also sang a few songs to her. I can't wait for her to come home and be able to spend time with her free from medical jargon and monitors beeping!

1 comment:

  1. "The Hiding Place" is one of my favorite books. Good choice! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...