Thursday, March 26, 2015

Happy Birthday, Shepherd!

Oh the second child! This post is 2 months later, but butter than nothing huh?!


Weight: 26 pounds
Length: 35 inches
Favorite moments: Our slap happy moments right before bed, his sweet belly laugh when tickled or played with, seeing Him and Inara becoming buddies.
Least favorite moments: Hitting Inara all the time
Milestones: learning colors and shapes, new words everyday
Likes: Inara (we are always hearing "Nara. Come on!"), The Lego Movie, Legos, MawMaw and PawPaw, cousins, chipotle, blankie ("kankie"), cars, seeing the Penguins at the Zoo.

Shepherd is such a fun addition to our family. Right now he is really into The LEGO Movie. He carries around a little Emmet and Wyldstyle all day long, switching their heads, hair which he calls "hats", and pants. He follows around Inara and does whatever she does. He is really mastering the art of being an annoying little brother. It is really sweet how he just wants to play with her all the time. Inara is so sweet and patient with him, way more patient than I would be. She is always looking out for him, too. Just today, they were coloring together at the table and I heard this:

Inara: Ok Buddy, these are the scissors and they will hurt you. So don't touch them ok?
Shepherd: Ok

I can't believe my baby is two. Time raced after Inara was born, but with Shepherd it has flown by. I mean he was just born, how can he possibly be two?! But I guess I officially can't call him my baby anymore. I always say "Are you my baby?" and he would reply "Uh-huh." Now it's "No!" As much as I hate the baby phase is gone, it really is so fun to watch him learn new things. Inara had an amazing vocabulary at this age. And even though he doesn't, he seems to be smarter in other ways and just really understands how things work.

He's such a blessing to our family, and it is hard to remember a time when he wasn't in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...