Wednesday, October 1, 2014

18 Month Update


I can't even believe my baby boy is 18 months old. Technically he's 19 months old, because I can never get his WCC done on time. And I am super behind and never published this, so now he's technically 20 months old! Whoops!

Weight: 24.5lbs
Length: 34.5in
Favorite moments: Hearing his sweet giggle when he gets tickled, rocking before bed
Least favorite moments: Learning how to hit, kick, and throw in anger
Milestones: New signs- please and thank you, learning new words all the time
Likes: Buzz, Jessie (he yodel's when he sees her and its so funny), Thomas the train (He calls him "go-go", which is the cutest), Elmo ("Melmo"), Olaf, "Let it Go", Inara, Paw-Paw, Uncle Ben, noodles, brushing his teeth
Dislikes: Not getting his way, when I hold other babies. 

This boy is crazy guys! He has SOOO much energy and is so physical. He hits and wrestles. Its super fun to have a boy in the house because I can be rough with him and he can take it. But he does like to be rough back. He hits a lot, and kicks, and throws things when he gets mad. Its a whole new parenting world for me because Inara wasn't like that at all. I try hard not to compare them, and use the words "good" or "bad", but honestly, sometimes he's just BAD! But I try to remember God gave me THIS son who is very physical. It was no accident I am his Momma, and that gives me much peace. God gave us to each other. But every once in a while, he'll lay his head on my shoulder, or we'll snuggle in the rocking chair and I have hope he might have a calm, more gentle side too!

But it really is so fun to see how different boys and girls are. By this age Inara was talking in short sentences and I never had trouble understanding her, BUT she was unsteady on her feet still and had trouble with fine motor skills. Shepherd does speak a lot, but frequently I have no idea what he is trying to tell me and he is a climber and loves to feed himself with a fork and spoon already. I seriously think Inara was almost 3 before I trusted her with a fork.

I can't believe he's closer to 2 years old than he is 1. Even though he's wild, crazy, and can really test my patience, I really can't imagine our family without him!






2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. He sounds a lot like Ezra. His size and everything! By the way, you mentioned the boy thing. I started my second 31 day series today (ahhh!). I am going to be sharing a lot of excerpts from Wild Things: the art of nurturing boys so that would be a good chance for you to get an idea of what the book is like. I think you would like it even if a lot of it is geared toward older boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, thanks! I saw yesterday you first post and was really excited! Can't wait to read it!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...