Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A new name

4 years ago today, I received a new name: Mom.  That day (and many days after) were some of the hardest in my life.  But here's the thing, I wouldn't change a thing. I've come a long way, God has done a mighty work in my life to be able to say that, but its true.  Inara Sarai Duke is my "Heaven sent Princess" and the beauty of her life is in how God cared for her (and me) so mightily.  4 years ago, my daughter was cut from my body and taken away.  4 years ago, my heart experienced such great sorrow in the midst of such great joy.  My heart has grown so much in those 4 years. I didn't know I could love anyone like I do now.  4 years ago, my life changed. I'm so glad it did. What a blessing to be Inara's mom.  I'm so thankful for my new name.



Her first photo. Tiny 3lbs 1oz little miracle




My heart nearly exploded the first time I saw her face without any tubes.
Isn't it the cutest baby face you've ever seen!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...