Friday, February 22, 2013

I may have met my match


Yesterday I got a tiny glimpse of what my future parenting of Inara might look like...it might not be pretty folks :) She might be is definitely just as stubborn if not more stubborn as I am.  After my previous post, I did realize I will not have a pristine house (which is ok) however there are things I can do to make it just a little less crazy. So today I implemented one of them. Its simple enough (not sure why it took me so long to do).

Inara got out some of her princess toys and was playing with them in the living room for a little while. Then she wanted to go into her room and play with squinkies.  I told her that before she moves on to a new toy she needed to clean up her princess stuff.  She told me she didn't want to.  I didn't want to make it into a big deal, so I just gave her the option...clean up her princess toys and then play with squinkies OR keep playing with princess toys. She played with her princess toys ALL DAY LONG. No books, no puzzles, no playing in her room...princesses!



She took her princesses to school, to the doctor, they were a family, and even went to Target :)  She was super creative with her toys, but it also was so telling about her stubbornness.  I was kind of preparing for a battle at bedtime when she was going to HAVE to clean up those toys. But to my surprise she cleaned them up right away.  We'll see how today goes! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...