Tuesday, December 6, 2011

S.A.D.

Wow, I know I am not the only one who is SO over this rainy, dreary weather. And while this post is not me complaining about the weather, God has used this bummer weather to show me things about my heart. It is just as dreary, cold, and dead as it is outside.  I have been feeling so depressed, discontent, and unhappy this week. And there is a direct correlation between my time with God and how I "feel". But I am so thankful how God has pursued me these past couple days.

This morning, as I was driving to work, there was only junk on the radio. So I pressed play on my CD player because I thought I had a worship CD in there. But to my surprise it was a CD of a Sermon my pastor did a few weeks ago. Hello divine intervention!  The sermon (found here), titled "Where are the nine?", is about being thankful giving thanks always. It came right at the perfect time. I have so much to be thankful for, nothing to be depressed about, and EVERYTHING to praise God for.

I am thankful God doesn't leave me in this cold, dark, dreary place. Tomorrow it is predicted to be sunny just as it is PROMISED that his mercies will be new every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...