Monday, August 15, 2011

A Game of Thrones

Ok so I just recently finished A Game of Thrones. And I really liked it, suprisingly. I had mentioned in a previous post that it just seemed to nerdy to me. And while there IS some nerd factor (its wiki page calls it a fantasy book) but I think it is mostly a war book, which I really like. If you did not know that about me, is that I really dig fighting. My favorite Lord of the Rings movie is Two Towers which most say is boring because of all the fighting... BUT I LOVE IT. No deep theological reason, I just think a good epic war movie is good for the soul :) Well mine at least.

This is the first book in a planned (maybe extended) 7 book series.  This first book was actually released in 1996, but it seems the series is just recently becoming more popular.  Any way the plot is pretty in depth and I am poor at explaining so if you want the gist of the plot here is the wiki for the book. I really like it though. The author is detailed, but not to the point that the story is missed, and most of the writing seems to be dialogue.  There are a few "woah, that was weird" situations , but they aren't that long and you can just skip past them.

Justin and I are kind of bummed though about it being on HBO. Mainly because we would really like to watch it, but we have heard that HBO took some artistic freedom by embellishing/extending some sexual scenes and even adding sex stuff that wasn't even in the book. ARG! Why is it that everything on HBO has to be sexual?!  I wish there was a made for TV version. Are there anything you guys wish wasn't ruined by unnecessary sex jokes/scenes?


A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book One




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...