Friday, June 10, 2011

Providing

I have been so blessed this week seeing how God has provided for us.  About a month ago Inara went to an extended developmental assessment at Good Samaritan Hospital. It was so great because she doesn't ever have to go back to be checked again! So this week we got the bill, which I knew would be pretty expensive but she is worth it. So I open the bill and to my very big surprise we only owed $50! What the what?! I expected to owe over $300. I look at the breakdown of the charges and I was right! I SHOULD have owed $330, because our insurance company doesn't pay for a speech eval which cost $230.  But for some reason our insurance company made 2 payments on our account. The second payment which is nearly the entire amount that we would have owed was labeled as "other payment received".

It was such a huge blessing! We would have had the money, a bigger bill would have just meant less money we saved. But it was a little reminder that God desires to take care of us. He took care of our biggest problem on the cross. If I can trust Him with my life, I can trust him with the day to day! How easily I forget how He is my redeemer and provider.

And this week we have had lots of unexpected happenings to affect our income/spending: I haven't been able to work as much, upcoming doctor appointments, car breaking, party throwing, and needing to buy Inara some jammies (her toes are LITERALLY poling out the toes).  I immediately TOLD Justin I was thinking about working this weekend to make some extra money. But we have a pretty busy Saturday. He told me not to worry about it. I needed to focus on our party and remember God has always taken care of us. sigh. How foolish of me! Instead of respecting Justin as the head of our home and trusting God has called Justin to take care of me, I TOLD Justin my plans....not talked with him. I am so thankful God has given me a husband to love me the way Christ does.  And when digging through her clothes to find clothes to donate, I came across a few jammies for her :) May seem small to you guys, but finding them last night was God telling me "Hey, I got this. I'll take care of you. Have I ever not?" He is true, faithful, and my great provider. Not just in material things, but in eternal matters. He is good.



Matthew 6:28-34- And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Thank you Jesus for these words to remind me to seek you above all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...