Friday, November 5, 2010

This time last year

This time last year:

  • I had my first baby shower
  • Just entered my 3rd trimester....and hated it
  • Had swollen hands/fingers and cried lots of morning because of the pain
  • Wondered how I could make it 12 more weeks
Little did I know...

How crazy is that? I have been thinking a lot about how Inara is going to be one year old! CRAZY. This week at Babies R Us, I started crying when I saw the preemie clothes. Could it really be that a year ago she was growing inside of me perfectly and surprised us (but not God) with her arrival into our lives?

On her invitation to her party I wrote "please come celebrate what God has done in her life". I also made a photo book from Walgreens documenting her surprise arrival :) I want her birthday to be a celebration. Yes...a celebration of her life..but more than that. A Celebration of God! HE formed every cell in her body...HE made her extra 6th toe that I love because that's how I knew she was mine in the NICU...HE brought her early...HE DID IT ALL! I want Inara's birthdays forever to be about Him. Yes, we will do birthday things...cake...ice cream...PRESENTS (cause who can resist buying presents for your own child). But I am so excited at her party I will get to tell of Jesus faithfulness and power. We were NEVER alone! So if you are coming to her party...here are things you can be prepared for:

  • Cupcakes
  • Ice Cream
  • Lasagna
  • Getting to see cutie Inara in the sweetest birthday dress ever
  • The hearing of God's great power and faithfulness
So come hungry for food, fun, and the story of His grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...