Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Late night....



So it seems that I always have stuff to think of and update the blog at like 3 am while I am either pumping, feeding, or holding Inara. Which is funny, because I can't update at that time. Last night I had all these great ideas of what to write...but now they are gone.




Well our little lady got weighed yesterday at CCHMC and weighs in at 5 lbs 13 oz. Woah baby. It's really funny because the premie clothes are too small but the newborn ones are ginormous. Yesterday we went to see a Lactation Consultant at CCHMC. It went really well. She is learning how to eat, but it will probably still be a while. I am just so thankful though. I was starting to get scared that she would never learn and I would be pumping forever.



Last night was our first "rough night". It's funny though. We have been so blessed this far. Inara has been home 2 weeks. 1 rough night in 2 weeks isn't bad...I really can't complain. Plus it was another opportunity for God to show Himself to us. In our parenting class they talked about parental assessment and prayer when your baby is crying. Well last night she was pretty fussy. She was acting like she was hungry, but would just spit out the bottle/milk as soon as we gave it to her. So we layed her down in her crib and prayed. I prayed for wisdom and God was true to his word and delivered. (If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him- James 1:5). I am so thankful God's word does not come back void!



Friday Inara has an eye appointment to make sure her eyes are fully developed and she doesn't have any vision problems...they said the appointment could last 2 hours! I couldn't even doing an eye exam for 2 hours, so this should be interesting to see how she does.



She is having more awake time now, which is super fun. And super hard to put her down so she can sleep. I love being a parent with Justin. I am so happy and blessed by God that he is my partner in all of this!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that things are going so great for you guys, and that little Inara is becoming not so little anymore!! God is so good! It is nice to read your blog about how faithful God is and it helps give me hope that things will turn out for the best!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...