Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holy moly...1 month old!




Wow, I totally can't believe it. Our baby girl is 1 month old today! It's craziness. This month has gone by fast, but also so slow. This week we had such a good time snuggling together, it was so hard to put her down. I stood up to put her away, and then just stood there holding her for a few more minutes. The nurse asked if I needed anything...nope. I just wanted to hold a little while longer. Sometimes I think when she comes home, I'll never put her down. I'm sure after a few days, I will. But those 1st days of uninterrupted time will be marvelous!

We walked into the nursery today to find our beautiful girl with her oxygen off...again. Hopefully this time it stays off. They took it off last night and as of this afternoon she was doing fine without it. Also she now weighs 4.5lbs! YAY, what a big girl! :) We had a good time visiting with her today. Justin fed her and then we just stared at her. It was fun because she was awake and was looking at us.



Later I came by with my parents, and something awesome happened. She was facing my parents and I was on the other side. I started talking to her and she turned her head to look at me...ahhh. Talk about melting my heart! It was really cool to be at the hospital with my parents. About 2 years ago, I wasn't sure my Dad would live a few hours longer. God showed us and literally saved him from the grave. Now he gets to see his grand-daughter (he calls her little papoose).

It would be great if she came home for Christmas, but once again. I want her to come home on God's timing and not mine.

1 comment:

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...