Thursday, June 27, 2013

Oh sweet girl


Dear sweet baby girl. I should be going straight to bed, tonight was a night, I don't want to forget.  Nothing spectacular happened. Just living life together.  The evening didn't start too well. I picked you up from Mawmaw's and Pawpaw's and from the moment I walked in the door, you started whining.  But it was really cool to see you choose obedience and making a wise choice when it obviously wasn't what you wanted.  We came home, read some of the Jesus Storybook Bible.  Your brother didn't go to sleep very well, and I ended up needing to feed him before I put you to bed. You looked up at me and said "But Mom, I need attention sometimes too". It was sweet and honest. You weren't jealous and didn't whine, you just wanted me to know how you felt. I am so glad you told me.

I explained that after I fed him, you would get my attention.  You watched Team Umizoomi while I fed him in his room.  I came out and was ready to speed through bedtime stuff since it was getting late and I have to work early in the morning.  But God helped me to slow down and give you my full attention.  We talked about our upcoming trip to Pennsylvania while you ate some Vanilla ice cream and crackers.

We moved into the bathroom where you peed, brushed your teeth, and washed your hands all by your self.  I watched in awe, not believing that you could possibly have been my baby girl who was so tiny and fit perfectly on my chest.

Into your room we went, where it was jammies, songs, and good-nights.  You picked your cat footie jammies that are 2 sizes too small but you love them so we keep squeezing you into them.  I layed you down and prayed.  I said "I love you so much baby". Then you asked what I love you and Dad more than.  This is because recently you have started saying "I love you more than ice cream".  We usually sings ABC's twice, but tonight you wanted "Come thou Fount" and "Jesus Messiah".  I wanted to say "No, those are too long and its already way past bedtime".  But its like I am just realizing how short these days are with you, when you are my little girl and you "love me more than ice cream".

So I agreed to  your request and asked if I could snuggle with you in bed while I sing. "Sure, Mom!" and you made room for me.  I sang the first song, then kind of rolled on my back instead of on my side spooning you.  As I started "Jesus Messiah", you grabbed my arm to pull it around yours. You stroked my arm and held my hand the whole song.  It was all I could do to not burst in tears.  By the grace of God I made it through the song.  You looked up at me and said "I love you, Mom".

It was sweet and it was real.  You love to be loved. And I am so blessed to love you. I pray one day you'll experience this crazy, wonderful, and trying gift that is parenthood.  I pray you'll run to the arms of Jesus for a love that doesn't run dry, will never disappoint, and won't give up on you.  Oh sweet girl, I am blessed to do life with you.



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. So glad you are building these precious memories with her. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...