Friday, March 1, 2013

1 month!

*Whoops! this post is a little late, but I've been busy snuggling my little dude, playing with Inara, and interviewing for new jobs (more on that later).


Oh.my.goodness. 
Is my baby really 1 month old?  It seems impossible. Part of me feels like he just joined our family, but the sleep deprived part seems like he's been here forever :)

Weight: 10lbs 11oz
Length: 22.5 inches
Favorite moments:  Taking the time to snuggle him!
Least favorite moments: Cluster feeding for almost a whole week!
Milestones: Smiling on purpose at Justin, sleeping 5 hours at night, lifting and holding up head.

His doctor said the want breastfed babies to gain 1/2 ounce a day and my little monster is gaining over 1 ounce a day...he is kind of a beast :)

We have really felt like first time parents with Shepherd because everything about him and our experience is so much different than Inara.  He is messier, louder, cozier, and hungrier. I think the biggest difference is his personality.  He is REALLY a people person and a snuggler.  He love, love, LOVES to be held :) But even if we can't hold him, he just loves if we sit next to him.  He is nosy like his sister and if we are in 1 room playing with Inara and he is in his swing or mat, he doesn't like to be left out and reminds us he is here.

He is a super relaxed little guy and pretty content baby...however, he seems to have quite a little temper.  When is frustrated because his arms are out of his swaddle he gets super pissed and doesn't just cry...but screams.  He LOVES to eat and gets equally as pissed when he is not fed pronto.  Speaking of eating he is a very hungry boy.  I call him my little monster because he makes the most hilarious sounds while he is eating :)

Its crazy how much I love him so much and how having him makes me love Inara more too! It's like I remember how she is not a baby anymore and how time is fleeting with her and I want to soak up every moment of snuggle/play time with her as I can.  Here are some pics of Shepherd from his birthday!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...