Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankfulness Day 27

Today I am thankful for Christmas! We put up our tree and decorations this morning all while watching what else...ELF! We had fun telling her about lights, ornaments, and what Christmas is really about. Then I went to the grocery. On my way home I was listening to my FAVORITE Christmas album of all time Mariah Carey's "Merry Christmas"....SO GOOD! One of the reasons I love her album is because the songs are upbeat because some of the traditional Christmas songs sound so somber and serious. Well I was listening to Joy to the World, and by the time I got home I was seriously sobbing!

It was just so overwhelming listening to this happy joyful song about how we NOW-because of Christ being born, living a perfect life, dying for our sins, and seated in Heaven with God- have JOY! True and perfect joy :)  Ah...this is Christmas. I am so thankful today for Jesus leaving perfect union with God, living life perfectly in the sinful world, and doing it to obey His Father, who was PLEASED to crush Him for my sake.

And I am so excited to get to share this wonderful, miraculous, beautiful, joyful story with Inara. I am really excited to use Truth in the Tinsel to help me with this. I am excited to do this with her every day and to be reminding myself (and rejoicing in) the real reason for Christmas. Before I said I probably would only do some of the days, but after this morning I am REALLY excited to teach about Christmas every day from here on out.  Wanna join me? Join the Facebook Challenge here and be encouraged by other families across the nation sharing in the Advent experience too.  You can also find some Christmas coloring sheets here.

How will you be celebrating Christmas this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...