Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankful Day 6

Today I am thankful for forgiveness. The sermon this morning at church was such a wonderful reminder of how much Christ has forgiven me. We sang a song  in church titled "Majesty". Here are the lyrics


Here I am, humbled by your majesty, 
Covered by your grace so free.
Here I am, knowing I'm a sinful man, 
Covered by the blood of the lamb.

Now I've found the greatest love of all is mine, 
Since You laid down Your life, 
The greatest sacrifice.

Majesty, Majesty
Your grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed but alive in Your hands
Majesty, Majesty
Forever I am changed by Your love
In the beauty of Your Majesty
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/h/hillsong_united/majesty.html ]
Here I am humbled by the love that You give, 
Forgiven so that I can forgive.
So here I stand, 
Knowing that I am Your desire, 
Sanctified by glory and fire.



And now I've found the greatest love of all is mine, 
Since You laid down Your life, 
The greatest sacrife.

Majesty, Majesty.
Your grace has found me just as I am, 
Empty handed but alive in your hands.


Majesty, Majesty.
Forever I am changed by Your love, 
In the presence of Your Majesty.
Majesty.

I was so struck by the line that says "empty handed but alive in your hands". How true is that? I bring nothing to the table...except my sin. I bring my sin to the cross, Christ removes my sin, gives me HIS righteousness, the Holy Spirit and the hope of Heaven. I win! 

Thank you God for providing a way to you through your son Jesus. Thank you for choosing to Look on Christ on my behalf. Please help my to not forget what I have been forgiven of and the eternal gifts I receive in Jesus. Amen

1 comment:

  1. You know Lauren, I was struck by this song too. I have heard it so many times but Sunday it meant something new to me. Since we miscarried in October, I have been walking a fine line of mourning our baby and wallowing in sorrow. To me the line "empty handed but alive in your hands" was like Jesus jumping up and down saying to me that my hands might be empty of my little one, but that I am still here to worship and love Him. So powerful. Thanks for sharing the words again.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...