Monday, August 8, 2011

Oh Happiness!

Oh the great joy that God gives me through Inara! Recently Inara has been obsessed with the song "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord". We have The Praise Baby DVD from a friend and it has the song on their so it is her new obsession and the ONLY song she wants to hear all day long and at bedtime. Don't get me wrong, I really like the song but when you hear it for a week straight it kind of looses its impact ya know?



So tonight we are going to bed and I start singing it and Inara interrupts me. This is very bizarre because she loves the song. I lean my head down to hear her and she is singing "give take away". So sweet! So I start singing that part of the song and she starts singing "heart choose say". Oh JOY! Tears are now rolling down my cheek as I TRY to keep it together to sing this song WITH Inara.

It was perfect happiness. What a great part of the song for her to sing and a very hard lesson for some adults me to learn. I know heart little heart didn't fully understand but I don't care and neither did Jesus:

"People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”  And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them- Mark 10:13-16
How crazy that God would use my 21 month old daughter to remind me of what this song is REALLY about..HIM! Oh thank you Lord Jesus for loving me so well. Please help me to remember you are good ALWAYS even when you "take away", and please help Inara grow in trusting you and learn this lesson of your goodness and worthiness to be trusted at an early age. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...