Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Great is His Faithfulness

Ok, so I know that my blog post title is also the name of my actual blog...but so what :) I have been learning about God's faithfulness lately and it is GOOD. He is faithful, even when I am not faithful. AMAZING!

Yesterday I had the worst day as a mother. I'll spare you all the nasty details, but I argued with my 14 month old daughter, told her to shut up, and cried a lot. I had some time to breathe and an amazing thing happened. God showed me my sin! It was nasty, ugly...but definitely there ALL DAY LONG. Then after showing me how nasty and deceitful my heart is he reminded me that he forgives me!  I felt convicted of my sin, but not condemned. I was FREE of the guilt of my poor mothering. and EMPOWERED by Christ to make the next day different.  It was a wonderfully awful day!

I kept thinking about Lamentations . His mercies are new every morning! How I need that promise of hope. Today has been better, and I can see God already working on my heart to "will and to work for His good pleasure" AMEN!

1 comment:

  1. Love your honesty and heart for the Lord! Nothing like being a parent to bring out sin nature - wonder how I know that? LOL But the Good News is CHRIST has forgiven us and uses this for us to change and grow.
    Enjoy your baby, soon she'll be 13... and give you more opportunity to change and grow ;)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...