Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I will not boast..."

Galatians 6:14 -May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ..."

I was planning on writing about all these "great" things that happened over the past two days. When I say great...I mean that loosely. They are all small and meaningless things. When I was little my parents would tell me they thought I talked some of the time just to hear my own voice. I must admit, 24 years of life doesn't seem to have changed much. Even now I am thinking "hmm well if I just mention these things then I am not boasting, just informing". But that is a lie. The truth is I want attention. I want the spot light and I want to be God. Those are scary words.

Paul wants to boast in nothing but the Cross. I want that to be my goal. I know I can share in the great things that have happened to me that aren't the cross. But that is NOT my heart. I want to share in "great things" so I get the glory and attention and not God. I am thankful God is a gracious and merciful God. That he forgives my sin and I know he will help me overcome and give Him all the glory He deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...